The festive Christmas season is upon us. And with it, the quest for the perfect gift also begins. For many Filipinos, gift-giving is a big part of Christmas — it’s one of the activities that provide joy and warmth, an opportunity to show friends and family how much you love and value them.
But gift-giving can also be an activity that is fraught with challenges. What else can you give your family this year? What gift would perfectly encapsulate the love you want them to feel? There’s also the matter of budget: with so many loved ones to give gifts to, the holiday gift-giving tradition can be a daunting and complex task.
Do you need a bit of assistance with how to go about giving gifts this season in a thoughtful yet financially responsible way? Here are some creative tips:
- Simplicity is key. Sometimes, the answer to your gift-giving problems is simple. Your gifts need not be complicated for them to be memorable. Food items — whether they are gourmet treats or homemade goodies — can easily provide delight. Christmas, after all, is a season of celebration. And nothing says celebration better than food. Baked goods and scrumptious meat dishes, for instance, are holiday favorites. RCBC Hexagon Club Credit and Debit Card holders can get up to 50% off on their total food and beverage bill at Wildflour Cafe + Bakery, Wildflour Restaurant, and Wildflour Italian for a minimum single-receipt spend of P5,000. That’s a significant discount if you choose to buy Wildflour’s famous baked goodies as Christmas gifts for friends!
- Time is a gift. You can also use the holidays as an opportunity to meet friends you have not seen in a long time. Why not invite them to a get-together this season — and offer to foot the bill as your Christmas treat to them? After all, Christmas is more than the gifts, it’s also about the memories and celebrations you make during the season. With your RCBC Hexagon Club Credit or Debit Card, you can get P500 off on your P2,500 single receipt transactions at UCC Coffee and UCC Mentore Coffee & Bar, and P200 off on your P1,000 single-receipt transactions at MOS Burger, Mitsuyado Seimen, and Coco Ichibanya!
Feeling generous? Treat everyone to a buffet and enjoy 50% OFF at Illo’s Home Buffet with your RCBC Credit Card. Enjoy the sumptuous spread as you share stories and renew your connections.
- Sharing is caring. Buying gifts for friends and loved ones who “already has it all” can be quite difficult. Find a cause close to their hearts and make a donation to an organization that supports those causes. You can take it a bit further, too. Use your RCBC Hexagon Club Credit or ebit card when you go Christmas shopping, because for every P5,000 single-receipt spend, RCBC will donate P1 to Caritas Manila through the AY Foundation’s YGC Christmas Fund Drive.
- Love for family. Do you have friends who are expecting additions to their families? There’s nothing they would appreciate more than gifts for their babies and their children-to-be! You can buy baby and children essentials for them on e-commerce site Edamama. RCBC Credit & Debit cardholders can use promo code RCBC600 for a P600-off discount for new users for their purchase, with a minimum spend of P2,500.
- Experience is gold. Planning to go a bit extravagant with your gift this season? Nothing beats giving the gift of experience to loved ones. And travel is one of the best experiences one can receive. If you have loved ones planning to go on a vacation next year, you can pitch in on their travel expenses. Perhaps pay for their accommodations? RCBC Mastercard Credit Cards can enjoy up to 10 percent cashback on accommodation bookings. Just sign up for a Booking.com account and use an eligible RCBC Mastercard Credit Card to complete the booking online!