PANASONIC Manufacturing Philippines Corp. (PMPC) has launched a suite of “Smart & Sustainable” solutions catered mainly to the retail, residential and commercial industries, with the end goal of increasing brand awareness and revenue share growth for its business-to-business (B2B) portfolio.
According to PMPC Country Head Yosuke Tanaka, Panasonic is well known as a leading appliance brand in the Philippines, wherein it accounts for “more than 80 percent” of the company’s sales revenue.
“But when they see Panasonic as a global brand, the revenue of the appliances is only maybe less than 30 percent, and the rest of 70 percent comes from the B2B segment. Then, why we’re not doing this here?” he told reporters on the sidelines of the launch of Panasonic B2B Integrated Show at The Fifth at Rockwell in Makati City last November 8. “So this is the first time that we do this kind of event to increase our brand awareness when we talk about Panasonic not only as a product but a complete solution provider.”
Apart from the government’s ongoing massive infrastructure projects, other developments are now underway as seen in the constant rise of various condominiums, retail, commercial and office buildings nationwide.
“There are so many development projects that are still not yet implemented here in the Philippines. So I think it’s a very big chance for us to grow our B2B portfolio as there are many rooms that we can introduce some of our solutions,” said Tanaka, who also serves as manager of Electronic Works and B2B Marketing Groups.
The cutting-edge B2B innovations that Panasonic now offers to the domestic market include control, safety, saving, security, and comfort solutions.
For residential, there are ventilation solutions like air conditioners, ventilating and ceiling fans. There are also appliance solutions, such as refrigerators, television, induction cookers, and even small kitchen tools like microwave oven and toaster.
Projectors, security camera, and special lighting fixture, among others are up for the office or commercial market. With retail establishments in mind, like cafe and food and beverage, Panasonic offers commercial refrigerators, big rice cookers, smart food locker system, and lightings.
With the positive feedback the company has so far received from various major developers, such as Federal Land Inc., Megaworld Corp., and Robinsons Land Corp. that graced the show, Panasonic is positive of a good market response for its B2B solutions.
“Although the market is quite slow not only in the Philippines but globally, but overall I think we will have a continuous growth in the Philippines this year. Not only that we are keeping our appliance business afloat, but we’re challenged in this kind of field [B2B] that we could have more in terms of growth share,” Tanaka said, while citing their goal of hitting their usual “double-digit” growth target.
With the B2B category’s sales revenue contribution of at least 20 percent at present, PMPC’s Eco Solutions Group Technical Sales Supervisor Edrian Nikko M. Placer told the BusinessMirror that they are aiming to increase it by at least 35 percent in the next two to three years.
He is bullish on achieving this given the “booming real estate industry” post-pandemic as seen in the continued rise of condo, office and commercial towers in Metro Manila and other key cities all over the country.