TikTok Philippines’ celebrated and honored the platform’s ‘TikTok stars’ during the third awards ceremony TikTok Awards Philippines 2023 at the Newport Performing Arts Theater and streamed last September 29 on TikTok and TV5.
A popular application for short-form mobile video, TikTok has transformed creative content creators and online sensations to be “real-world changemakers” through knowledge sharing about entertainment, entrepreneurship, lifestyle, education, sports and gaming, and other categories to inspire creativity and bring joy.
Registered pharmacist and content creator Arshie Larga (@arshielife) bagged the TikTok Creator of the Year for using the platform to share impactful stories and helping people. He educate his viewers about healthcare and medicine, and leveraging his platform to provide free medicines for those in need.
TikTok Shop, the e-commerce platform of TikTok, provided support for creators, brands, and businesses to build brand awareness and drive success. Social media personality turned entrepreneur Viy Cortez (@viy.cortez) was awarded Popular TikTok Shop Brand Owner. She’s the CEO of Viyline Cosmetics and Viyline Skincare, who has engaged audiences, built communities, and delivered her products through the platform.
Fashion influencer Jeanette Ong (@itsjeanette) received the Fashion Creator of the Year who seized the opportunity to reshape the fashion industry through innovative content, and used the platform as an avenue to share fashion ideas, hacks, and tips to her nearly half a million followers.
Formula One (F1) Academy driver Bianca Bustamante won the Sports Creator of the Year award by highlighting her life and career as the Philippines’ first female F1 driver winner.
To hype up the awards ceremony, artists such as Lola Amour, KAIA, Dilaw, Paul Pablo, and PLAYERTWO performed on the stage their trending songs alongside TikTok dance creators including Criselda Alvarez, GMA loveteam “Alfia” Allen Ansay and Sofia Pablo who grooved to TikTok dance challenges.
Various TikTok content creators from across the country were all dressed in extravagant modern Filipiniana and Barong outfits, sporting their Filipino pride.
The third TikTok Awards ceremony was hosted by fashion creator Jaz Reyes (@_jazreyes) and digital “Tito” Mikee Reyes (@_mikeereyes).
See the full list of winners and awardees here:
People’s Choice Category
• Popular Creator of the year – Carlyn Ocampo ( carlyncabel )
• Rising Creator of the year – Miss Deliciousness ( christy_tabanyag )
• Livestreamer of the year – Krizel Yuson (queenisabela01)
• Celebrity Creator of the year – Francine Diaz ( francinesaenz_ )
• Song of the year – Gento by SB19
• Popular TikTok Shop Creator – Ivana Alawi ( ivanaalawi )
• Popular TikTok Shop Brand Owner – Viy Cortez ( viy.cortez )
Judges’ Pick Category
Best of Entertainment & Media
• Entertainment Creator of the Year – Jezreel Ely ( jezreelely )
• Breakthrough Entertainment Partner – ABS-CBN ( abscbn )
• News Publisher of the Year – News5 (news5everywhere)
Best of Lifestyle & Education
• Beauty Creator of the Year – Teree Daisuke ( tereedaisuke )
• Fashion Creator of the Year – Jeanette Ong ( itsjeanette )
• Foodie Creator of the Year – Abi Marquez ( abigailfmarquez )
• Educator of the Year – Chinkee Tan ( chinkeetan )
Best of Sports & Gaming
• Gaming Creator of the Year – Archerperezz ( archerperezz )
• Sports Creator of the Year – Bianca Bustamante ( racerbia )
Best of Community
• Dance Creator of the Year – Niana Guerrero ( nianaguerrero )
• Comedy Creator of the Year – Spencer Serafica ( spencer_serafica )
• Effect House Creator of the Year – Andie Rabino ( andierabino )