Youth interns receive stipend from BARMM labor ministry

Bangsamoro government’s Ministry of Labor and Employment (MOLE)

DAVAO CITY—Some 495 Bangsamoro youths received last week their first stipend as interns and labor apprentice from the Bangsamoro government’s Ministry of Labor and Employment (MOLE).

Sixty-five beneficiaries of the Government Internship Program (GIP) from Cotabato City received a three-month stipend of P16,087.50 each, which is equivalent to 75 percent of the minimum wage. The remaining 25 percent would be given by their respective employers, depending on the minimum wage of each area, the Bangsamoro Information Office said.

Aside from the Cotabato City interns, 112 youth beneficiaries from the two Maguindanao provinces, 110 from Basilan, 104 from Tawi-Tawi, and another 104 from Sulu received P14,850.00 each.

The MOLE released the three-month stipend during the fourth Bangsamoro Foundation Day on January 22.

The MOLE’s Bureau of Employment, Promotion and Welfare (BEPW) said the internship “provides opportunities to fresh college graduates and unemployed Bangsamoro youth to work in the government for three months.”

Deputy Minister Tommy Nawa said the GIP would help unemployed Bangsamoro youth improve their skills and talents. “We’re glad that the program enhanced your work experiences and that you’ve learned something from us which you will be able to apply to your next job.”

One of the beneficiaries, Abduladsis Nandog, 24, a graduate of Headstart College of Cotabato, said the program signified the efforts of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao was not remiss on its vow of addressing the needs of the youth sector in the region.

“We hope that this program will continue for youth and fresh college graduates will be able to have a work as a government employee, since it would difficult for us to find a job at this time,” said Sandra Dela Pena, a beneficiary from Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao del Norte, and a graduate of Cotabato State University.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Previous Article
Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Arsenio M. Balisacan

Neda OKs 7 ‘high impact projects’ under PBBM

Next Article
Puerto Princesa International Airport

DOF begins study on implementation of value-added tax refund scheme for tourists starting 2024 to boost tourism

Related Posts

Read more

Amid talent supply gap, PEZA, IBPAP close ranks

THE Philippine Economic Zone Authority said it is collaborating with the IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (Ibpap) on plans to attract foreign direct investments (FDI) in the country, which Peza deems an “essential tool” for the country’s growth and development.