‘True Beauty’ actor is the face of beauty campaign
Korean actor Hwang In-yeop has appeared in a number of dramas, including the web drama W.H.Y. and other projects, such as Freshman (2019), The Tale of Nokdu (2019) and 18 Again (2020).
It was in True Beauty last year where he played the role of an angry young man quietly grieving over the death of his friend, when more people started to take notice of Hwang In-yeop. He was the second lead in the drama but he received as much attention as the lead stars. In fact, True Beauty gained more viewers largely because of Hwang In-hyeop.
Hwang In-yeop lived in Davao City for four years when he was younger, way before he became a model and made his acting debut.
In a video for BYS Philippines, of which he is the new endorser, Hwang In-yeop said he hopes to visit Davao City in 2022 and, if ever, this visit will be the first time after 12 years of being away from the country. Hwang In-yeop is also the face of BYS Philippines’s new campaign “Uncover Beauty.”
Angie Goyena, iFace general manager, said the story of True Beauty tells about a girl with whom Hwang In-yeop falls in love with despite being ridiculed by their peers for her attachment to wearing makeup.
“This story is something that strikes a chord with our 2021 campaign ‘Uncover Beauty,’ and signing on Hwang In-yeop as our endorser is a statement about our stubborn assumptions concerning gender and beauty. This is an opportunity for us to smash stereotypes and shift away from standards, and also be that voice to help shape the way we see beauty.”
Hwang In-yeop’s likeness graces the packaging of the Skin by BYS Minis, a set of the brand’s best-selling skin-care products.
Mere months after the launch of Skin by BYS, it has slowly strengthened its foothold in the local skin-care scene and gained brand love and loyalty.
The range of Skin by BYS Minis, which contains Botaniceutical Plus-10, includes:
- The Extra Gentle Milk Jelly Cleanser, a non-irritating formula suitable for all skin types.
- The Extra Gentle Hydrating Balancing Toner, a hydrating toner formulated with hyaluronic acid that helps restore skin elasticity and reduce fine lines.
- The Extra Glow Brightening Serum, a lightweight serum rich in vitamin C and natural skin boosters including Papaya and Lime Fruit Extract.
- The Extra Glow Face Cream, a brightening cream that leaves skin glowing.
- The Extra Brightening Eye Cream, which brightens the skin around the eyes and helps diminish puffiness, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and other natural skin boosters.
- The Extra Effortless Pore Perfecting Sunblock, a weightless sunscreen with broad-spectrum SPF 50 PA+++, as well as pore-blurring and sebum-controlling properties. It has Green Tea Leaf Extract, which protects the skin against UV damage.
The serum, the face cream, and the eye cream have been reformulated to add BuleResisterWE, a polyphenol component of wine that aids in protection against exposure to the high-energy blue light emitted from screens, which cause premature aging.
Along with the six products, the set also comes with two limited-edition Hwang In-yeop photo cards. If you’re a fan of K-drama and K-pop, you’ll know these photo cards are valuable especially since they won’t be reprinted again.
Skin by BYS is exclusively available at Watsons, The SM Store, and online on Amorfia, Watsons and ShopSM.