Villar: Burned portion of Skyway Stage 3 replaced

- Advertisement -

More from author

IATF eyes ‘new normal’ guidelines for areas with no Covid cases

The Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) is now crafting guidelines for areas that may be placed...

U.K.-bound OFWs must show Covid-free status

FOREIGN travelers, including overseas Filipino workers (OFW), must now be tested for Covid-19 before they can enter the United...

BSP, National Quincentennial Committee launch Lapu-Lapu Banknote and Medal

THE Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas launched on Monday the 5000-Piso LapuLapu Commemorative Banknote and Medal to kickoff the 99-day...

Military dismantles 3 NPA guerrilla fronts in Calabarzon

Members of the New People’s Army operating in Southern Tagalog have lost three guerrilla fronts amid the military’s intensified...

BI bars departure of 12,000 travelers in 2020 in drive vs human trafficking

CLOSE to 12,000 Filipino travelers were prevented from leaving the country last year as part of the Bureau of...

Belmonte urges Arayat, Pampanga LGU to lift entry restriction on QC residents

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte on Monday strongly denounced the Arayat, Pampanga local government’s decision to restrict the entry...

Saving lives

Flight attendant Christine Dacera’s untimely death bears painful evidence of the country’s lack of emergency medical services and the...

Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark A. Villar announced that the section of Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 that collapsed due to fire in February 2020 has already been replaced as concessionaire Citra Central Expressway Corporation (CCEC) rushes civil works of the project to make up for unforeseen delay.

“As of latest report, lower and upper coping beams for pier 3, 4, 5 were reconstructed, and deck slab for spans 5 and 6 were completed as well. These were the burned sections from the fire incident,” said Secretary Villar.

According to Secretary Villar, current project status of the ongoing construction of MMSS3 or Skyway Stage 3 is at 88.72 percent, excluding the Section 2A’ or the Tomas Claudio-PUP Sta. Mesa segment which has yet to begin civil works.

“We are intensifying our road right-of-way acquisition so we may soon begin construction at Section 2A’. So far, we have acquired 231 out of the 350 lots that need to be acquired with permit to enter,” said Secretary Villar.

Separately, its Section 1 covering Buendia-Quirino-Nagtahan is 90.67 percent completed; Section 2A covering Nagtahan-Tomas Claudio is 77.23 percent; Section 2B or Tomas Claudio-Ramon Magsaysay Avenue is 94.39 percent; Section 3 or Ramon Magsaysay-Quezon Avenue is 96.86 percent; Section 4 or Quezon Avenue-Balintawak, Quezon City is 75.67 percent; and Section 5 or Balintawak to NLEX Footbridge is 83.56 percent completed.

When completed, the 18.83-kilometer Skyway Stage 3 is expected to reduce travel time between Buendia to Balintawak from the current two (2) hours to only 15 to 20 minutes, accommodating an average of 55,000 vehicles daily.

It will also serve as a direct toll road link between NLEX and South Luzon Expressway (SLEX).

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisement -

More updates

SMART SOLUTIONS FOR SMARTER BUSINESS | Unleashing the fullest potential of Filipino enterprises

Cortex Enterprise Solutions was built to empower Filipino businesses to be on par with the digital transformation of enterprises...
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

More updates

NEDA bats for kids going out more to hasten recovery

CONTINUING to impose mobility restrictions on children affects the economy’s ability to recover from the pandemic, according to the...
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

In case you missed it

- Advertisement -