The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) on Monday said it is now eyeing to revoke the contracts for the purchase of supplies to be used for the government’s response to control Covid-19 spread awarded to two companies suspected to be involved in irregularities.
Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said he was informed by DBM that it is now assessing the nature of ownership of Ferjan Healthlink Philippines Inc. and Ferjan Healthlink Enterprises.
“Now, if they [DBM] verify if both Ferjan [companies] have the same owner, the legal [team] of DBM is now studying if it can cancel the contract awarded to Ferjan Healthlink Philippines Inc.,” Roque said in an online briefing on Monday.
Last week, it was reported that Ferjan Healthlink Philippines Inc. was awarded with four contracts for the acquisition of various supplies including vitamins and personal protective equipment (PPE).
The biggest of the said contract, which was worth P727.5 million, was for the supply and delivery of 500,000 sets of PPE.
Concerns were raised on the awarding of the said contracts since DBM already included a Ferjan Healthlink Enterprises among its list of companies, which it blacklisted for violating Republic Act 9184, or the Government Procurement Reform Act.
Roque noted Ferjan Healthlink Enterprises was not a corporation and was under single proprietorship.
President Duterte earlier assured the public that the government will be transparent, when it comes to accounting for all of its expenses related to Covid-19.
He ordered all concerned agencies, including DBM, to regularly release to the public the winning bidders for contracts related to Covid-19.