WITH the medical community now calling for Metro Manila to return to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) given the continuing spread of coronavirus, this even as most of us having begun to work, it is important for every home to have a sanitation station at the door to get everyone into disinfecting and sanitizing before they enter their own private space. The station will also keep our homes clean and safe to prevent the spread of the illness and other unknown viruses with essentials for intense washing, dusting, sanitizing and disinfecting of the most touch-infected areas or common surfaces in your home, such as doorknobs, handles, light switches, gadgets and tabletops.
The one-stop shop for all of your home essentials, SM Home (www.thesmstore.com) has a wide variety of household items for all your sanitizing needs.
Here is the SM Home’s DIY Sanitation Station Guide to keep your home safe and disinfected:
- Set up a table and a mobile trolley near the door entrance. Put all the sanitizing essentials on the trolley and organize them in storage trays.
- Have a fill of sprayers with alcohol and disinfectants. Choose an EPA-registered disinfectant, a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol and a contactless soap dispenser as you disinfect and wash your hands.
- Have a waste bin to properly dispose used masks and gloves.
- Put a shoe rack and a disinfecting mat outside. Have a foot bath on the disinfecting mat before putting the shoes on the rack. Always keep the mat clean before and after using the mat.
- If needed, set up a makeshift changing room with curtain and ready a laundry basket for changing.
- Sterilize the area with UV light. Use a pocket UV sterilizer in sanitizing your gadgets, keys, wallet and doorknobs. Do not forget to keep your Sanitation Station clean. Keep your home safe and sanitize with cleaning and sanitizing essentials from SM Home.
These are available at www.smhome.com.ph and shoppers can now place their order online through the SM Store’s Call to Deliver and ShopSM app, which is available for download at the Google Play Store and the App Store.