THE Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (CanCham) announces the staging of the 13th annual International ICT Awards-Philippines on March 28 at the Marriott Hotel-Manila in Newport Complex, Pasay City.
The event will recognize outstanding companies in achieving excellence in information and communications technology services. Major business organizations and high-profile business leaders in ICT, including Globe and PLDT as “Title Sponsors,” have supported the awards since it started in 2007.
CanCham President and CEO Julian Payne noted the increasing international competition for the provision of ICT services in a globalized economy: “Philippine-based companies must ensure that they are the best to maintain their competitive lead [worldwide]. The International ICT Awards directly addresses and supports this challenge.”
Last year’s edition of the awards recognized the excellence of around 100 companies. According to the organizers, there will be more diverse and challenging categories time, namely, the Best Start-Up Company of the Year, which replaces the Best First-Time Nominated Company of the Year, as well as the Best Company of the Year for Creatives, which replaces the Best Company of the Year for Animation and Game Development.
Prior to the award’s gala night in 2019, three pre-events were scheduled: a media launch that formally signaled the start of the ICT Awards 2019, an appreciation reception on December 4, 2018 that recognized the ICT Awards 2018 winners, and a “Closing of Nominations” reception on February 12 to give recognition to the ICT Awards 2019 nominees.
The culmination of the International ICT Awards will be the gala night, as more than 500 VIP guests, prominent figures and business leaders in the ICT industry, as well as other businesses that use ICT are expected to attend.
The International ICT Awards 2019 have already started accepting nominations, with the deadline of submission on January 31.
In 2019 awards will be given for outstanding performance and excellence, as follows:
Premier Awards—Best Company of the Year, and Best Employer of the Year
Category Awards—Best Filipino-Owned Company of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, Best Contact Center and BPO Company of the Year, Best Global In-House Center Company of the Year, Best Company of the Year Outside NCR, Best Company of the Year for Information Technology and Software Development, Best Company of the Year for Creatives, Best Company of the Year Providing Finance and Accounting Services, and
Best Company of the Year Providing Health Information Management Services
Corporate Team Awards—Best C-Suite Team of the Year, and Best Front-line Team of the Year
Special Award—Hall of Fame
Major changes introduced
FOLLOWING feedback from stakeholders regarding the International ICT Awards-Philippines event on March 22, 2018, as well as consultations with the Title Sponsors, the following significant changes will be made for this year’s awards:
(1) Endorsement by National ICT Confederation of the Philippines; (2) New Best Start-Up Company Category (incorporating Best First-Time Nominee); (3) New Best Company for Creatives Category (incorporating Best Company for Mobile App Development, and Best Company of the Year for Animation and Game Development);
(4) Eligibility requirements for Best Company Outside NCR, Best Philippines-Owned Company, Best Start-Up Company and Best Creatives Company, related to minimum percent offshore revenues, are reduced from 50 percent to 25 percent; (5) Added a factor: “Facilities established outside NCR” under judging criteria for Support by Company of Public Goods; and (6) Minimum of three nominations required in a category to be given an award.
For more details, visit www.ictawards.org.ph, call the ICT Awards Secretariat at (02) 843-6471/6466/6457, or e-mail [email protected]
Latest posts by BusinessMirror (see all)
- Senators split on bid to lower age of kids’ criminal liability - January 22, 2019
- Angry outburst rattles Melbourne - January 22, 2019
- Economists urge Duterte to sign rice tariffication bill - January 22, 2019