1 kg Maya-maya, cleaned and gutted
1 pc lemon, sliced
100 g fish stock
1 head garlic, cut in half
20 g shallots, sliced
2 sprigs tarragon
2 sprigs dill
2 sprigs parsley
50 g butter
50 g olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut four bias cuts on both sides of the whole fish (try not to cut all the way to the bone).
- In between all cuts, add 1/2 teaspoon of butter and a slice of lemon. Then place the remaining butter and lemon inside the cavity of the fish with all the herbs, garlic and shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub fish with olive oil and place onto an oven-proof baking dish. Pour fish stock into the baking pan and cover fish with wax paper.
- Place fish inside the oven set at 180˚C. Bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the wax paper and turn the oven up to 220˚C and bake for five to eight minutes or until the core temperature reaches 63˚C.
- The color should be browned. Serve on a platter with herbs and lemon as garnish.
Roasted Vegetable Salad
200 g cherry tomatoes (confit)
100 g shallots (confit)
200 g zucchini
200 g carrots
200 g eggplant
100 g roasted red peppers
25 g roasted garlic
5 g basil, picked; chiffonade
2 g parsley, chopped
250 g couscous
500 g chicken stock
100 g Sherry vinegar
25 g Balsamic vinegar
50 g orange juice
300 g olive oil
1 g salt
10 g sugar or honey
cracked black pepper to taste
- To make the confit, place vegetables in an oven-proof deep dish. Add one sprig of rosemary and cover vegetables with Canola oil. Bake for two hours at 160˚C.
- To make the roasted red peppers, brush the peppers with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place in a preheated 200˚C oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove foil and peel skin. Remove the seeds and cut into strips.
- To make the roasted garlic, cut off the top of the head and drizzle the cut side with olive oil and wrap it in foil. Bake at 160˚C for two hours. Let it cool, then gently squeeze the garlic out of the skin.
- For the remaining vegetables, cut it into thick strips and roll in olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for five to eight minutes at 210˚C.
- To make the couscous, bring chicken stock to a boil and season it with salt and pepper. Then add couscous, stir for a minute then turn off the heat and cover. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients together and whisk until everything is mixed well.
- To make the salad, place all ingredients together except for couscous. Mix with dressing until it is seasoned to your liking.
- In a large bowl, make a mound of couscous and top with vegetable mixture. Serve with extra dressing on the side.