300g tilapia fillet (or any choice of fish fillet)
panko bread crumbs
cashew nuts, crushed
fresh parsley, chopped
2 pcs eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
asparagus spears (sauté with oil, garlic and salt and pepper)
2 tbsp yellow mustard (or any mustard of your choice)
3 tbsp honey
- Season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the assembly for breading. Put the flour, egg and chopped cashews in containers large enough for the fillet to fit. Dredge tilapia in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the tilapia fillet in the beaten eggs and finally coat it with the crushed cashews.
- Pan-fry fish over medium heat, around three to four minutes each side. I find that using a nonstick pan is easier for this.
- Set aside when browned.
- In same pan, add butter or oil, garlic and onion. Sauté until onions are translucent, then add the asparagus spears.
- Saute for two to three minutes over low heat until the asparagus is cooked, but preferably still retaining that crunch.
- Pour the honey mustard sauce over fish. This is best paired with rice and vegetables.
- Mix mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Add water until you reach the taste and consistency you prefer.